SOUTH AFRICAN EMBASSY
AMBASSADE D’AFRIQUE DU SUD
59, quai d’Orsay-75343 Paris Cedex 07-
VACANT POSITION: SENIOR SECRETARY (Social Secretary)
The South African Embassy in Paris is seeking the service of qualified professionals, to occupy a full-time position of Senior Secretary (Social Secretary).
Duties will include:
- Performing secretarial duties including, arranging and scheduling of appointments, tracks events and updates engagement schedules, attends to invitations sent to Head of Mission, keeps electronic diary updated.
- Assisting with all administrative and clerical functions at the Embassy.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements ensuring effective time management, up to date itinerary when applicable, meets the specific requirements.
- Assisting with the logistics for the conferences, summits, etc.
- Assisting with the organization and co-ordination of the social events.
- Act as the Embassy’s contact person in respect of protocol matters, established contacts with the Ministries and key government functionaries.
- Interpretation for the Head of Mission at official meetings and Embassy events.
- Applicants must be in possession of a minimum of 12 years schooling with completion of at least one year Secretarial Diploma/Certificate plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Secretary, Typist, Receptionist or Clerk.
- Minimum 2 years in an international environment, international organization or Embassy.
- Proficiency in both English and French.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Database, Internet use)
- Good communication skills
- Good planning and organising skills
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to accurately meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work after hours and during weekends
Remuneration: Minimum salary €30 884.00 Maximum salary €56 497– Depending on qualifications and experience.
CLOSING DATE: 6 OCTOBER 2019
Enquiries: Ms MS Maja Tel: 01 53 59 23 16
NB: Preference will be given to the candidate who speaks French as the first language or English as the first language.
Only applicants with the right to employment in France may apply. All appointments will be subject to a process to reference checking, qualification verification.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.